Thursday, July 24, 2008

Crickets, Crickets, Crickets!

So, it is 4:12 am and I am not asleep. I have talked to people about how much I love living near the forest and how great everything was. Well, that was all before the crickets. They are everywhere! They are constantly getting in my house...back to why I am awake at 4:12 am. I have been laying in bed for hours just listening to them go, hundreds of them outside. Then, I thought " That seems too loud to all be from outside " so I started to investigate. The sound gets louder and louder until I trace the sound to my bathroom behind the toilet. I can't see the cricket, but I know he is there somewhere. I close the bathroom door and go back to bed. But still I just lay there...listening. I start to go crazy! If Spence wasn't working the graveyard shift I would send him in there to find it. So I find myself in a pickle. I decide I need my sleep, so I take a pillow and blanket downstairs and settle in on the couch. Ahhhh, peace! No wait! What is that? Another cricket in my house! No freaking way! I am so mad! I can hear another cricket somewhere in the living room. I follow the noise to the fireplace. Again, I can't see the stupid thing, but I know he is there! I would turn the fireplace on, but we don't have the gas hooked up to it right now. Blast! So, I go back to the couch and turn the tv on thinking that would help drown out the noise. It helps, but then I can't sleep because the tv is on. So here I am. It is now 4:23 am. The cricket is still chirping away.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

that sounds REALLY annoying! but at least you can be happy they're not mice!!!

C.J. and Jackie said...

Hey Kristy, this is your cousin C.J. It was fun to find your blog. Congratulations to Spencer for graduating from Medical School. That is great! I can't believe how big your kids are. If you get a chance, my family blog is www.jackieandcj.blogspot.com